is a WikiWikiWeb
clone developed by PatrickMichaud
in the PHP programming language. PmWiki
has been primarily designed as a tool to support easy, collaborative authoring and maintenance of web sites.
Pages created in PmWiki
are editable using nothing more than a standard web browser and a simple markup language. Yet through this simple interface one can easily create dynamic web sites, groupware systems, document management systems, and knowledge bases.
Features of PmWiki
- Easy installation, maintenance, and upgrades
- Pages can be edited by any standard web browser -- just click the "Edit Page" link on any page (try it in the WikiSandbox)
- Simple and powerful TextFormattingRules
- Easy to set up
- Automatic linking between pages, including WikiWord links and free links
- Password-protect pages to restrict viewing or editing
- Ability to organize pages into WikiGroups, with headers and access controls shared among the pages in the group
- Tracking of page revisions, with ability to easily recall and restore previous versions of a page
- WikiTrails to easily create sequences of links throughout pages
- File uploads and attachments
- Markup includes standard (classic) wiki markup, floating images, tables, large sections of preformatted text, colored text and WikiStyles
- Site administrators can easily add customized markup sequences
- Most LocalCustomizations are held in a separate configuration file
- InterMap capabilities to provide shortcuts to other WikiWikiWeb systems and web sites
- Electronic mail notification of changes to pages
- Modular design allows features to be easily added for custom applications
lists some sites currently using PmWiki
software. If your site is using PmWiki
, please add it to the list!
This site is running pmwiki-0.5.16. The software is freely available under the GNU Public License and may be downloaded from http://www.pmichaud.com/pub/pmwiki
. Documentation is available via the DocumentationIndex
Join the pmwiki-users mailing list
for discussions, announcements, and help with PmWiki
is a registered trademark of Patrick R. Michaud.
Page Revisions -
Page last modified on July 30, 2003, at 06:20 AM